Tuesday January 27: No 6PM Class tonight. Drive safely if you need to, stay inside if you can!
Tonight’s (Wednesday’s) classes are cancelled due to weather predictions.
But there are TWO FREE classes left this week! We’re collecting personal care items for the Bethlehem Food Pantry (toothpaste/brush, soap, shaving cream, etc.) if you’d like to donate.
Thursday, 8:00am. FREE Swing Class. That’s it – just lots of swings to start your day of feasting off right!
Friday, 8:00am. Strongman Class. Farmer carries, stones, deadlifts, prowler, and as always, swings!). If you’ve never tried this class, now is a great time to do it!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, enjoy your family and friends and be safe wherever you are.
I’m grateful for all of you! Nancy
Due to multiple events colliding this Fall, our October Kettlebell Strength and Fitness Challenge is being pushed back to January. The bright side is this gives you lots of time to train for it! Stay tuned for exact date….
Test your strength, fitness with kettlebells!
On Saturday, October 25 at 10:00am, put your strength and endurance to the test using your kettlebell skills. Choose to compete with others or simply establish your own personal best in the Super Seven kettlebell moves: deadlift, squat, overhead press, TGU, snatch (or high pull), swing and a farmer carry.
This event will be open to the public, so invite your friends and family to show them exactly what it is that you do with those “cannonballs with a handle”.
The events are as follows. You’re encouraged to participate in each one, but you may opt out of any if you choose.
1) Max Deadlift. You will have three attempts to perform one repetition of the deadlift with your choice of kettlebells or barbell. Your heaviest successful completion of the lift will be counted. Once a weight is attempted, you may not go back and attempt a lighter weight.
2) Max Military Press. You will have three attempts to perform one repetition of a Military Press. Your heaviest successful completion of the lift will be counted. Once a weight is attempted, you may not go back and attempt a lighter weight.
3) Max Goblet Squat. You will have three attempts to perform one repetition of a Goblet Squat. Your heaviest successful completion of the lift will be counted. Once a weight is attempted, you may not go back and attempt a lighter weight.
4) Max Snatch or High Pull. You will have your choice of bell to perform as many snatches or high pulls as possible for 3 minutes. You may switch hands once. You may set the bell down to rest without penalty.
5) Max Swing. You will have your choice of bell to perform as many two handed swings as possible for 3 minutes. You may set the bell down to rest without penalty.
6) Max Turkish Get Up. You will have three attempts to perform one Turkish Get Up on the side of your choice. Your heaviest successful completion of the move will be counted. Once a weight is attempted, you may not go back and attempt a lighter weight.
7) Farmer Carry. You will have three attempts to perform a farmer carry for a TBD distance. You may use either a pair of kettlebells or farmer handles. Your fastest time and the weight of the bell will be counted.
Consider this a chance to establish your current “bests” and strive to kick them up a notch or two in when we hold another event next spring.
Registration Deadline: October 14. To register or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year’s Mothers’ Day Special begins next Monday, May 12!
Participants will learn how to perform three basic kettlebell moves with strength and grace: the Swing, Get Up and Goblet Squat, along with additional core work.
In addition, the class will enjoy plenty of metabolic burn or “cardio” with ZERO impact on joints, except for making them stronger and more stable.
Cost: $80/8 classes. Class size will be limited to ensure adequate personal instruction.
Current members refer a woman/mom/sister/friend and receive 10% off their next class card purchase.
Want to win free class passes? Announcing our first ever T shirt design contest! Submit one or more designs for a new TKFC Tshirt (no X rated/snatch “jokes” please. You’re more clever than that!). Deadline for entries is Friday, April 18. Have at it and have fun!
Beginning 3/25, the Tuesday and Thursday pm classes will be held from 6:00 – 6:45pm. Questions? Contact Mike at email@example.com
We’re open today for all private sessions and the 9:30a kettlebell and 5:30p circuit classes.
Tomorrow’s 5:30p Happy Hour class is on too!
Hope to see you soon
See you soon!